User portal - self-service management system
If you do not have an account, look here.
- Login with your username and the password you set after receiving the account creation email.
- The personal data section is based on information contained in the university's central system (ZVD) and cannot be modified.
- On account creation, you are not a member of any group. To begin with, you can create a repository or an Nextcloud group.
- As soon as a repository is created, a new group is also created for this repository and you can add/delete members to/from this group.
- Own cloud groups are basically groups that you create to share a certain folder with multiple users. This is only meant to make sharing easier among larger groups, for example, you can create a group containing all members of a chair.
- SVN repositories support only key-based authentication. Every user has to upload her/his public-key and this can be managed through the user portal.
- Nix based systems can use ssh-keygen to generate a keypair and on windows a tool like puttygen can be used. If using an external system like puttygen, please be aware that you will need an openssh-type private key for authentication.
For any question/bug report/upgrade wish/etc. concerning our central IT at CS, please write an email to the functional address firstname.lastname@example.org. Two of us (Fritz Kleemann and Lakshminarasimhan Srinivasan) are behind this address.